When Gauri changed Shah Rukh's name to 'Abhinav' by Rajiv Dutta

Gauri Khan agrees when the world says that Shah Rukh is the ‘King of Bollywood’. The first lady of Bollywood talked about her husband in glowing terms in a chat show.

''He was always ambitious right from his childhood days, in his school in his college he has always been on top. Whether it was as a student; football, hockey, his theatre anything, whatever he would touch would be gold. I think I was smart to marry him. I think that's my smartness that I chose the right guy,” she quipped.

Gauri Khan appeared in a celebrity chat show, 'The First Ladies with Abu Sandeep' produced by Red Chillies Idiot Box. The show is hosted by renowned designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.

Gauri, who is also a television and a film producer apart from being a closet interior decorator, talked at length about SRK’s hard work and dedication. “It's amazing and we thank god every day for whatever we have but I think Shahrukh is extremely hard working so he deserves every bit of it,'' she said.

However, the lady denied being the pillar behind SRK and added that she was not happy being in Mumbai and wanted his films to flop. ''Actually that's not true because I was not too happy about him coming to Mumbai and I didn't even know when he became a star it was very shocking for me firstly to be here and films and everything. It was very very difficult. And I actually did not want his films to do well. I thought if it flopped I should go back to Delhi. Because you know when you are so young and I got married when I was just 21, everything was so new that for me it was like everything should flop,'' she said.

Gauri talked about their love story, ''Yes, he was the first person I met and went out with and he has been the only man. My parents were obviously against it because we were so young and then to get married to a person who was going to join films and being from a different religion. We even changed his name to 'Abhinav' so that they feel he was a Hindu boy and that was really silly and childish.''

''It's been an amazing journey. When I came to Mumbai it was very difficult I enjoyed every bit of it but it was so new and life was very different new people and new home. But we went back very often to Delhi in the beginning,'' she said.

Recounting the struggle they went through, Gauri said, ''We stayed at Mr Aziz Mirza’s place for 6 months it was very sweet of him and then we rented an apartment and there was nothing - no bed, no sofa, no chair just a kitchen. My mom who used to visit me from Delhi was shocked to see me like that. She said 'why don't you have a bed? Where is the chair?' so I said this is the 'Gadda' (mattress) sleep on this.''
0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
CELEBRITY VIDEOS