Barack Obama Meets with Important American Presidents of Past (and Jimmy Carter)


Today, President-elect Barack Obama met with all three living presidents of note in what will soon be his new working office.
And Jimmy Carter was there, too…
So the nation's living and future presidents assembled in the Oval Office for a family photo before lunch in the private dining room of the White House. The five men stood side-by-side and close together in front of Bush's desk. President Bush looked at Obama several times as he spoke and Obama nodded his head. They shook hands…
"I want to thank the president-elect for joining the ex-presidents for lunch," Bush said. "And one message that I have and I think we all share is that we want you to succeed…
"I just want to thank the president for hosting us," Obama said. "This is an extraordinary gathering. All the gentlemen here understand both the pressures and possibilities of this office, and for me to have the opportunity to get advice, good counsel and fellowship with these individuals is extraordinary and I'm very grateful to all of them."
0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
CELEBRITY VIDEOS